- Title: Gaudi and orphan blocks
- Dates: 2-day class on 24 and 25 Sept 2021
- Cost: R470 per paid up JQG member
- Skills Level: All levels
- Description: I got my inspiration from Gaudi’s architecture and mosaics which I saw in Barcelona. Thus, bring your UFOs and orphan blocks plus other fabric scraps and we will cut, rearrange, fuse and machine applique them to a neutral background in order to create a new design, either with a stained glass look or a “broken mosaic” look. Those who do not have left over blocks can also use bold printed/designed fabric which will be cut in odd shapes to represent mosaic pieces. You will either use raw edge straight stitches, small zig-zag stitches or blanket stitch to machine applique the fused pieces to the background fabric.
- You can use Google to see examples https://www.google.com/search?q=gaudi+mosaic+quilt
- You can see examples on Pinterest, this link shows one of Paul’s own quilts https://za.pinterest.com/lynngait/gaudi-mosaic-art/
Register at: https://forms.gle/AMJww7rVFmPgqqJk7