The last Friendship meeting of the Jacaranda Quilters Guild took place on the 11th of Oct 2014, on which occasion the AGM also took place.
The alternative venue (Hatfield Christian Church) worked very well, as the hall is large and there is ample safe parking for everyone.
As per usual there were lots of beautiful quilts on display, and the winners of the Scrappy Quilt competition were also announced. Congratulations to all these worthy contestants!
The winners of the different categories were:
- Beginners Category First prize – Natasja van Wyk
- Beginners Category Second prize – Jossie Williams
- Beginners Category Third prize – Annetjie Verdoes
- Experienced Category First prize – Alet Davey
- Experienced Category Second prize – Marianne Niemandt
- Experienced Category Third prize – Marianne Niemandt
- Viewers’ Choice – Santie Vorster
Enjoy the photo Gallery for the photographs of the winning and other quilts on display on the day:
Click on the thumbnails to enlarge the pictures…
The winner of our bi-annual ‘Quilter of the year’ award went to Almari Potgieter – well done Almari, and well deserved!
Jot the dates below down – it is when exiting events on our calendar are forthcoming in 2015…and then…watch this space for the details. You will not be disappointed!
- 7 Feb 2015 – JQG Friendship meeting
- 14 March 2015 – National Quilters’ Day – Calling all home groups for this challenge… ☺
- 6 June 2015 – JQG Friendship meeting – venue to be confirmed
- 20 June 2015 – Youth Quilting Day
- 29 August 2015 – UFO Day (UFO = UnFinished Objects)
- 10 Oct 2015 – JQG Friendship meeting – venue to be confirmed
Vice Chair, Courses, Teacher Liaison and Website