We are looking forward
to our next JQG Friendship Day, this Saturday, 8 February, at the Valleisig NG Church, 773
Tipperary Way, Faerie Glen.
Remember to dress according to our theme: BLUSH RED (any red or pink will do)
Do not miss the interesting speaker at our meeting, Suzette Da Serra, who is the Head of Department Visual Art & Design at Crawford College Pretoria.
Doors open at 9:00 and the formal meeting will start at 11:00. Please complete all your guild administration (booking classes, ordering name tags, entering lucky draws, etc.) before 11:00, since the committee members will also be attending the meeting and not manning admin tables after 11:00. The vendor tables will be available throughout the day.
Below is a handy list of things to remember on the day:
1. Outstanding JQG Library books
2. Subscriptions 2020 – EFT Proof of Payment / Cash in a marked envelope welcome. Please do not make a cash payment at the bank.
- Annual fee: R170 (R100 for 65+ years)
- Banking details:
- Jacaranda Quilters’ Guild
- ABSA – 907 578 4725
- Branch – Sinoville
3. Any non-perishable items to be donated towards our charities.
4. Due to possible load shedding, please bring enough cash for your lunch and vendor purchases.
5. Any Scrap Fabrics to be made into cushions towards Wollies Animal Project (last morsels are used as stuffing)
6. Scissors, rotary blades and knives to be sharpened by Roelf (knives are cheaper than scissors)
7. Coffee/Tea mug
8. Please send an email to Wilna Potgieter (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you still wish to attend the “Amish Folded Start” Workshop after the meeting.
9. Show and tell – We would love to see what you have made during the holiday.
10. Your Colour Wheel for the Demonstration on Colour.