This is your invitation to enter the 2020 World Quilt Competition.
There are some changes which you will see in the attached WQ Entry Form: the new minimum size requirement allows for smaller quilts to be entered, more special prizes have been added and the prize money for the competition has increased.
The attached South Africa Entry Form has all the information and here’s a brief summary:
· The new minimum quilt size is 6606 square centimeters / 1024 square inches (eg. 81.3 x 81.3 cms / 32 x 32 inches).
· Quilts must have been completed in 2018 or 2019 or 2020.
· MAY 19, 2020 is the closing date for me to receive your Entry Form and JPG images.
· To enter please use the attached Word document: ‘2020 WQ SA ENTRY FORM to FILL & SEND’.
· There is a non-refundable fee of R100.00 per entry. If your quilt is selected by the USA jurors, there is a further R200.00 fee.
· Accepted entries will premiere at World Quilt New England in August 2020, then tour to other Mancuso shows in the USA through November 2020.
Exhibit your quilt in the USA and be part of this exciting international event. International shipping is handled by the World Quilt Competition organisers and this is the 20th consecutive year that South Africa has taken part in the competition.